For more information on 1Sky, see 350.org (Nonprofit)
1Sky was an environmentalist organization and the educational arm of 1Sky Action Fund, a “social welfare” lobbying group. 1Sky and 1Sky Action merged with the left-of-center environmentalist nonprofits 350.org and 350 Action in 2011. 1 Although 1Sky maintains an online presence under its own name, all of its financials, including donations and federal filings are done through 350.org. 2
Jessica Bailey is the former Vice President of the board, and former program officer for sustainable development at the Rockefeller Brothers Fund. 3
KC Golden is the former Treasurer of the board, and is currently the policy director at Grassroots Climate Solutions Fund. Golden sits on the board of 350.org, U.S. Climate Action Network, and the NW Energy Coalition. 4
Bracken Hendricks is a former member of the board, and former senior fellow with the Center for American Progress. Hendricks also worked as a senior advisor to the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) and Washington Gov. Jay Inslee’s campaign for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination. 5
Van Jones is a former member of the board, and is the founding president of Rebuild the Dream. Jones is the co-founder of the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, Color of Change, and Green For All. Jones worked as the green jobs advisor to the Obama administration in 2009. 6
Bill McKibben is a former board member, and co-founder of 350.org. He is an influential environmentalist and activist, and is the author of the book The End of Nature. 7
Billy Parish is a former board member, co-founder of the Energy Action Coalition, and former consultant for Green for All. 8
Vicky Rateau is a former board member, and is currently program officer at the Oak Foundation. Rateau is a former campaign manager for Oxfam America, a former board member of 350.org, and has held positions with ONE Campaign, Equal Justice Works, and Service Employees International Union (SEIU). 9
James Gustave Speth is the former secretary of the board, and serves on the boards of the Climate Reality Project, the Center for a New American Dream, and the New Economy Coalition. Speth is a senior fellow at Demos, the Democracy Collaborative, and the Tellus Institute. He is the founder and former president of the World Resources Institute, where he serves as an honorary director, and he is the senior attorney and co-founder of the Natural Resources Defense Council. Speth serves as honorary director at the Natural Resources Defense Council, and is an advisory board member at 350.org, EcoAmerica, Labor Network for Sustainability, Environmental Law Institute, Vermont Natural Resources Council, Southern Environmental Law Center, Heinz Center, Free Speech for People, Vermont Institute for Natural Science, the Northwest Earth Institute, and the Carbon Underground. 10
Betsy Taylor is a co-founder and former board President of 1Sky. Taylor is also the founder and former president of the Center for a New American Dream, where she currently sits on the board. She also sits on the boards of Ceres, Town Creek Foundation, the Ottinger Foundation, the Government Accountability Project, and the Garrison Institute. Taylor is the former executive director of the Merck Family Fund, the Stern Family Fund, and the Ottinger Foundation, and has consulted with foundations like the Energy Foundation, and Quixote Foundation. 11
Ben Wessel is the former policy staffer at 1Sky, and the former Political Campaigns Manager for 350.org Action. Wessel is currently the Executive Director at NextGen America, and serves on the board of the Alliance for Youth Action. 12
- Bailey, Jessica. “1Sky and 350.org: Stronger as One.” Rockefeller Brothers Fund, April 21, 2011. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://www.rbf.org/news/1sky-and-350org-stronger-one.
- “Annual Report.” 1Sky. Accessed October 27, 2019. http://www.1sky.org/files/1sky-annual-report-y3-2010.pdf
- “Jessica’s Greenworks Story.” Greenworks Lending, 2018. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://www.greenworkslending.com/about-us/jbailey/.
- “KC Golden.” Grist Magazine, 2019. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://grist.org/author/kc-golden/.
- “Bracken Hendricks.” LinkedIn. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://www.linkedin.com/in/bracken-hendricks-9a176827/.
- “Van Jones.” Huffington Post, 2019. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://www.huffpost.com/author/van-jones.
- “Bill McKibben.” 350.org. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://350.org/bill/.
- “Billy Parish.” LinkedIn. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://www.linkedin.com/in/billyparish/.
- “Vicky Rateau.” LinkedIn. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://www.linkedin.com/in/vicky-rateau-a429464/.
- “James Gustave Speth.” World Resources Institute. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://www.wri.org/profile/james-gustave-speth.
- “Betsy Taylor.” HuffPost, 2019. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://www.huffpost.com/author/betsy-taylor.
- “Ben Wessel.” Climate One, 2019. Accessed October 27, 2019. https://www.climateone.org/people/ben-wessel.