Gold Bay Foundation is a grantmaking organization which issues grants to pro-abortion, environmentalist organizations, and supports many investigative journalism organizations which report exclusively on conservative leaning organizations.
The organization does not have an online presence despite making considerable contributions to left-of-center organizations, totaling $1,330,200 in 2017. 1
Gold Bay Foundation is a Minnesota based grant making institution and successor to the defunct David B. Gold Foundation, an organization which since 19922 issued grants to left-of-center organizations included pro-abortion organizations such as Planned Parenthood Federation of America and the Center for Reproductive Rights and environmentalist organizations such as Earthjustice and the National Resources Defense Council. 3
Beyond its grantmaking capabilities, Gold Bay Foundation houses Kerie Belvins Consulting, a corporation which provides foundation management services to institutions that seek to develop or grow their ability to make grants to other organizations. 4 Gold Bay Foundation has charged Kerie Belvins Consulting for services related to its own grant making purposes, reporting paying $67,699 in consulting services in 2017. 5
Gold Bay Foundation has a total $28,558,529 dollars in assets, and the organization’s 2017 annual revenue of $1,828,130 is entirely attributable to the otherwise defunct David B. Gold Foundation. 6
In 2017 Gold Bay Foundation issued grants to pro-abortion, environmentalist, and anti-voter integrity efforts.
Organizations supported by Gold Bay Foundation include Minnesota Voice, St. Croix River Association, Minnesota Public International Research Group, Temple of Israel Minnesota, Science Museum of Minnesota, The University of California -Berkeley Alumni Association, Minnesota Orchestra, Center for Public Integrity, ProPublica, New Venture Fund, Equal Justice Initiative, Earthjustice, Natural Resource Defense Council, Southern Poverty Law Center, Trust for Public Land, and Planned Parenthood of Minnesota. 7
- Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax.” Guidestar.org. Accessed September 1, 2019, Part I, Line 25.
- “Home” David B. Gold Foundation. http://www.goldfoundation.org/default.htm
- “Grants Awarded” http://www.goldfoundation.org/grants_awarded/grants_awarded.htm
- “Our Services” Kerrie Blevins Consulting. http://kerrieblevinsconsulting.com/ourservices/
- Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax.” Guidestar.org. Accessed September 1, 2019, Part VIII, Line 3.
- Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax.” Guidestar.org. Accessed September 1, 2019, Part XV, Lines 1-27.
- Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax.” Guidestar.org. Accessed September 1, 2019, Part XV, Line 3.