Leaves of Grass Fund (LOGF) is a private family foundation making grants to charities, with a focus on the Boston area and national left-of-center groups.
The organization and its leadership operate with a very low profile with no public website or social media pages and limited publicly available information.
Leaves of Grass Fund is a non-profit organization that funds a variety of charitable and left-of-center organizations with a geographical focus on the Massachusetts area. 1
Grants are many and relatively small and are made to left-of-center organizations like Planned Parenthood, ACLU, the Center for Reproductive Rights, the Center for International Environmental Law, Earthjustice, Fair Elections Center, NARAL Pro-Choice America, Rock the Vote, and Southern Poverty Law Center. 2
LOGF has no website or social media site. It does not respond to unsolicited requests for funding.
Trustees of Leaves of Grass Fund include Henry S. White; Barbara G. White; Eleanor Herzog, a developmental psychologist and psychoanalyst in private practice; James Herzog, senior scholar in child psychiatry at Children’s Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Noah Herzog; Eve Robbins, daughter of Eleanor and James Herzog and a freelance writer and editor; Jared S. White; and Miranda White. 34
Leaves of Grass Fund revenue in 2018 was $2,145,465 sourced from the sale of assets and income on investments offset by expenses of $2,320,108 of which $1,700,533 were grants. 5 Assets at the end of the year totaled $33,144,165. 6
Leaves of Grass Fund filed a taxable income return paying $6,100 in taxes on capital gains in 2018. 7
- “Leaves of Grass Fund.” Big Database. Accessed May 28, 2020. http://www.bigdatabase.com/Big-DB/USFoundation-profiles/LEAVES%20OF%20GRASS%20FUND-222824793.HTML.
- “Leaves of Grass Fund”. Return of Private Foundation (Form 990-PF). 2018. Part XV, Line 3.
- “Eve Herzog, Jack Robbins.” The New York Times. The New York Times. Accessed May 29, 2020. https://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/17/fashion/weddings/17Herzog.html
- “Eve Herzog Robbins.” Linked In. Accessed May 28, 2020. https://www.linkedin.com/in/eve-herzog-robbins-45a45322/.
- “Leaves of Grass Fund”. Return of Private Foundation (Form 990-PF). 2018. Part I, Lines 12, 26, 25.
- “Leaves of Grass Fund”. Return of Private Foundation (Form 990-PF). 2018. Line C.
- “Leaves of Grass Fund”. Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Return (Form 990-T) 2018. Part IV, Line 44.