350 Triangle is a left-wing environmentalist group located in Raleigh, North Carolina. The group aims to eliminate conventional energy sources in North Carolina and supports the Green New Deal, a proposal to expand government control of the economy on environmentalist pretexts. 1
350 Triangle began in June 2011 as a local affiliate of 350.org. In 2011, 350 Triangle bussed environmental activists from North Carolina to the first ever anti-Keystone Pipeline protest. 350 Triangle also bussed activists from North Carolina to the Forward on Climate Rally in 2013 and the People’s Climate March in 2014. In 2015 and 2016, 350 Triangle organized the NC Virtual Global Climate March. 2
In September 2019, 350 Triangle organized a “climate strike” in Raleigh, North Carolina as part of the Global Climate Strike, which took place that year. The event was sponsored by the local NAACP and the Sierra Club, among other left-wing organizations. 3
In January 2021, 350 Triangle was one of 600 left-wing groups to sign a letter directed to President-Elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, demanding the incoming administration issue an indefinite moratorium on disconnections of all water, electricity, broadband, and heat, citing the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. 4
350 Triangle is a branch of the national 350.org, a national left-progressive environmentalist group. 5
- “Green New Deal Actions and Rise for Climate Solutions Forum.” 350 Triangle. Accessed March 18, 2021. https://world.350.org/triangle/green-new-deal-actions-and-rise-for-climate-solutions-forum/.
- “About 350 Triangle.” 350 Triangle. Accessed March 2, 2021. https://world.350.org/triangle/about-350-triangle/.
- “September 20 Triangle Global Climate Strike.” 350 Triangle. Accessed March 2, 2021. https://world.350.org/triangle/september-20-triangle-global-climate-strike/.
- “600+ Groups Urge Biden to Halt Water, Electricity, and Broadband Shutoffs through Emergency Executive Order on Day 1.” Food & Water Watch, January 13, 2021. https://foodandwaterwatch.org/news/600-groups-urge-biden-halt-water-electricity-and-broadband-shutoffs-through-emergency-executive#.X_8vWvKHzL4.facebook.
- About 350.Org.” 350.org. Accessed March 18, 2021. https://350.org/about/.