Global Philanthropy Foundation (GPF) is the charitable arm of the Global Philanthropy Group (GPG), a for-profit charity consulting company co-founded in 2007 by Maggie and Trevor Neilson with clients including Facebook, Gucci, Clinique, and Task Rabbit. 1 In 2021, GPG and GPF were acquired by APCO Worldwide, a public relations consulting company. 2
In 2019, the Global Philanthropy Foundation gave $20,000 to Fine Cell Work, a British charity that trains prisoners to manufacture commercial products. GPF gave $17,615 to Over and Above Africa to combat poaching. GPF gave $6,100 to the Alexis Project, a partnership between the Alexis Arquette Family Foundation and Violence Intervention Program. 5
In 2018, GPF donated $22,100 to Serious Fun, a nonprofit which holds camps for sick children, and $19,205 to Over and Above Africa. 6
- “Maggie Neilson.” LinkedIn. Accessed November 9, 2021. https://www.linkedin.com/in/maggie-neilson/.
- “APCO Takes Next Step to Deepen its Social Impact, Sustainability Capabilities by Acquiring Global Philanthropy Group (GPG).” APCO Worldwide. January 14, 2021. Accessed November 9, 2021. https://apcoworldwide.com/news/apco-acquires-global-philanthropy-group/.
- “Grants.” Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. Accessed November 9, 2021. https://chanzuckerberg.com/grants-ventures/grants/.
- “Teachers AFL-CIO LM2 2020.” U.S. Department of Labor. Accessed November 9, 2021. https://www.influencewatch.org/labor-union/american-federation-of-teachers/.
- “Global Philanthropy Foundation 990.” ProPublica. Accessed November 9, 2021. https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/display_990/471637839/06_2021_prefixes_47-47%2F471637839_201912_990EZ_2021060218243363.
- “Global Philanthropy Foundation 990.” CauseIQ. Accessed November 9, 2021. https://www.causeiq.com/organizations/view_990/471637839/9701bc5647c21f62f482c8b84e10869e.