The Colorado Public Interest Research Group Foundation (CoPIRG Foundation or Colorado Public Interest Research Foundation) is the research arm of the Colorado Public Interest Research Group (CoPIRG), a left-of-center organization that belongs to a federation of advocacy organizations created by Ralph Nader, the U.S. Public Interest Research Group (US-PIRG).
The CoPIRG Foundation provides CoPIRG with research services, with the intention of propagating that information within the public sphere, often referring to its materials as “educational.” 1 The CoPIRG Foundation’s priorities include increasing government control of healthcare and advocating for higher taxes, with an emphasis on pushing for the elimination of tax credits and deductions. 2
In 2017 CoPIRG Foundation received $166,1623 in contributions and possessed $115,510 in assets after accounting for all liabilities. 4
Danny Katz is the state director of the CoPIRG Foundation. 5 Katz is also a member of the Colorado Department of Transportation’s Efficiency and Accountability Committee and Transit and Rail Advisory Committee. He is a founding member of the Financial Equity Coalition, an organization that works to increase public participation in entitlement programs. 6
- “About” CoPIRG Foundation. https://copirgfoundation.org/page/cof/about
- “About – Priorities” CoPIRG Foundation. https://copirgfoundation.org/page/cof/about
- Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax” Guidestar.org. Accessed October 21, 2020. Part I, Lines 9.
- Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax” Guidestar.org. Accessed October 21, 2020. Part I, Lines 21.
- “Staff” CoPIRG Founfation. https://copirgfoundation.org/staff
- “About” Financial Equity Coalition. http://financialequity.org/about/