All Out DC is an umbrella organization formed in response to the 2017 inauguration of President Donald Trump, in order to connect radical-left activist groups and strengthen local organizing. 1 Observers have connected the organization to the extremist “Antifa” movement,2 and an announcement for a 2019 All Out DC demonstration appeared on the Antifa-aligned website It’s Going Down. 3
The group was the main organizer of the “Stop the Alt-Right” rally that took place on July 6, 2019, which was organized along with other radical-left groups to protest far-right activists’ “Demand Free Speech Freedom Rally” using the hashtag #AllOutDC. The Washington Post reported that protesters included Antifa activists; the Post alleged that police blamed the Antifa activists for violence during the 2017 inauguration of President Donald Trump. 4
All Out DC has also been associated with a poster campaign that allegedly released personal information of controversial nationalist Fox News host Tucker Carlson5 and the “Shut Down DC” radical environmentalist demonstrations held in September 2019. 6
- Action Network (non-profit)
- Black Lives Matter DC (other group)
- Block the Wall Network (other group)
- D.C. United Against Hate (other group)
- Frederick Socialists (other group)
- ItsGoingDown.org (It’s Going Down) (other group)
- Keep DC 4 Me (other group)
- Libertarian Socialist Caucus of the Metro DC (other group)
- March for Racial Justice (Movement)
- Occupy Wall Street (other group)
- Occupy Washington DC (Other group)
- One People’s Project (non-profit)
- Resist This (other group)
- Rising Tide North America (non-profit)
- Sanctuary DMV (other group)
- Smash Racism DC (other group)
- Socialist Alternative DC (other group)
- Voices Without Borders (Voces Sin Fronteras)
- “All Out DC.” The Action Network. Accessed September 22, 2019. https://actionnetwork.org/groups/alloutdc
- Dunleavy, Jerry. “Not Portland: DC Police ‘Absolutely’ Ready to Handle Antifa Protests.” Washington Examiner, July 5, 2019. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/not-portland-dc-police-absolutely-ready-to-handle-antifa-protests.
- “#AllOut DC on July 6th: Stop the Alt-Right.” It’s Going Down, June 11, 2019. https://itsgoingdown.org/allout-dc-on-july-6th-stop-the-alt-right/.
- Hermann, Peter, Jamison, Peter, Natanson, Hannah, and Williams, Clarence. “Right-wing Rally Triggers Skirmishes with Antifa Protesters as D.C. Police Work to Prevent Violence.” The Washington Post. July 6, 2019. Accessed September 22, 2019. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/right-wing-groups-plan-freedom-plaza-rally-amid-heavy-dc-police-presence-to-prevent-violence/2019/07/06/40309e4e-9f68-11e9-9ed4-c9089972ad5a_story.html
- Hall, Alexander. “Facebook Keeps Antifa Group That Doxed Tucker Carlson.” NewsBusters, June 24, 2019. https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/techwatch/alexander-hall/2019/06/24/facebook-keeps-antifa-group-doxed-tucker-carlson.
- Devine, Shane. “Meet the People Who Want to Make Washington Traffic Even Worse.” Capital Research Center. Capital Research Center, September 19, 2019. https://capitalresearch.org/article/meet-the-people-who-want-to-make-washington-traffic-even-worse/.