Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties (PPOSBC) is the affiliate of Planned Parenthood of America in Orange and San Bernardino Counties in southern California. The organization provides healthcare, abortion, and welfare services to residents of those counties. It also has an affiliated PAC which works to elect candidates on the state and federal level that support abortion rights.
PPOSBC operates nine clinics in the two counties with six in Orange County and three in San Bernardino County. 1 The clinics provide reproductive health related services and abortion services. Three locations are also distribution centers for food assistance under the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) welfare program. 2
PPOSBC operates an abortion clinic in Orange County which performs surgical abortions. 3 Anti-abortion groups have reported possible botched abortions and other health procedures that have required ambulances to be dispatched to the clinic. In September 2009, ambulances were dispatched twice in 10 days in response to botched medical procedures. 4 In between February and March 2013, ambulances were reportedly dispatched to the clinic on three separate occasions. 5
In 2015, the organization generated $48,922,546 in revenue. According to the organization’s Form 990, most of the revenue came from performing various services and medical procedures in the clinics. Only a little over $6.5 million came from donations and grants. The group spent a little over $47 million in expenses.
A little over $34 million was spend on clinical services. It spent over $2.7 million on distributing WIC services to low income women and children. A little over $1.2 million was spent on sex-education services. Finally, $734,772 was used to advocate for keeping abortion legal and other political priorities of the group.
The group has an affiliated PAC called the Community Action Fund of PPOSB which lobbies on the state and federal level for abortion.
- “Health Center Locations”. 2018. Plannedparenthood.Org. Accessed December 15. https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-orange-san-bernardino/patients/health-center-locations.
- “Planned Parenthood Of Orange And San Bernardino County WIC”. 2018. Getwic.Org. Accessed December 15. http://www.getwic.org/.
- “Planned Parenthood Orange & San Bernardino Counties | Abortiondocs”. 2018. Abortiondocs.Org. Accessed December 15. http://abortiondocs.org/clinic/surgical/63/orange-planned-parenthood-orange-san-bernardino-counties/.
- “Two Emergency Transports From Planned Parenthood Raise Questions About Clinic’S Safety”. 2009. Operation Rescue. http://www.operationrescue.org/archives/two-emergency-transports-from-planned-parenthood-raise-questions-about-clinic’s-safety/.
- “Botched Abortion Epidemic Continues With 3 Ambulances At Planned Parenthood”. 2013. Operation Rescue. http://www.operationrescue.org/archives/botched-abortion-epidemic-continues-with-3-ambulances-at-planned-parenthood/.