One Wisconsin Now Institute (also known as Institute for One Wisconsin) is the charitable counterpart of One Wisconsin Now, a liberal issue-advocacy organization also based in Madison, Wisconsin.
The Institute focuses on voter rights initiatives and expanding access to the polls in Wisconsin. 1 In 2015, the Institute joined other plaintiffs including Citizen Action of Wisconsin Education Fund in filing a lawsuit arguing that provisions within the state, including alleged restrictions on early voting and changes to voter registration, violated the Voting Rights Act and “several portions of the U.S. Constitution.” Perkins Coie LLP, a firm whose other clients have included the Democratic National Committee and the presidential campaigns of John Kerry and Barack Obama, represented the plaintiffs in the case. 2
The Institute’s total revenue has not exceeded $250,000 since 2015. Tax returns for 2018 reported a total revenue of just over $76,0003 and preceding years’ tax returns show total revenue of just over $184,000 in 2017,4 $240,000 in 2016,5 and $75,000 in 2015. 6
Analiese Eicher is the executive director of One Wisconsin Now Institute as well as One Wisconsin Now. Eicher joined One Wisconsin Now in 2013 and has worked as the executive director of both organizations since 2020. 7
- “Voter Rights & Election Protection.” One Wisconsin Institute. One Wisconsin Institute, November 13, 2019. https://onewisconsinnow.org/institute/voter-rights-election-protection/.
- Opoien, Jessie. “Voting Rights Advocates Sue Wisconsin GAB over Election Policies.” madison.com, June 2, 2015. https://madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/voting-rights-advocates-sue-wisconsin-gab-over-election-policies/article_5899776b-73ac-54c0-8e4c-787e624b593d.html.
- One Wisconsin Now Institute, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax (Form 990), 2018
- One Wisconsin Now Institute, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax (Form 990), 2017
- One Wisconsin Now Institute, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax (Form 990), 2016
- One Wisconsin Now Institute, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax (Form 990), 2015
- “One Wisconsin Now and Institute Announce New Executive Director.” One Wisconsin Now. One Wisconsin Now, January 30, 2019. https://onewisconsinnow.org/press/one-wisconsin-now-and-institute-announce-new-executive-director/.