The Hirsch Family Foundation (HFF) is a private family foundation based in Dallas Texas. HFF funds a wide variety of charitable initiatives including scholarships, medical research, the arts, Jewish community interests, and foreign policy research.
Between 2010 and 2017, HFF donated more than $5.2 million to the Center for European Policy Analysis, by far the largest recipient of its donations. 1 Temple Emanu-el in Dallas also received $210,000 to “support reform in the Jewish Community.” 2 The Hirsch Family Foundation also formerly supported the now-defunct conservative National Center for Policy Analysis. 3
The group has provided some support to social liberal organizations, providing $25,000 to National Women’s Law Center in 2015 to “build critical public support for female attorneys”4 and $10,000 to a regional affiliate of Planned Parenthood in 2017. 5
Board of Directors
Daria Lee Hirsch
- BIG Online. “Hirsch Family Foundation.” Undated Accessed September 10, 2019 http://www.bigdatabase.com/Big-DB/USFoundation-profiles/HIRSCH%20FAMILY%20FOUNDATION-201225862.HTML
- Form 990. 2015. Accessed September 10, 2019
- Data compiled by FoundationSearch.com subscription service, a project of Metasoft Systems, Inc., from forms filed with the IRS. Queries conducted September 30, 2019.
- Hirsch Family Foundation, Return of a Private Foundation (Form 990-PF), 2015, Part XV Line 3
- Hirsch Family Foundation, Return of a Private Foundation (Form 990-PF), 2017, Part XV Line 3
- Garrett, Robert T. “Who Are Marco Rubio’s Top Five Texas Donors?” Dallas News. Dallas News, January 26, 2016. https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2016/01/26/who-are-marco-rubio-s-top-five-texas-donors/.
- Hirsch Family Foundation, Return of a Private Foundation (Form 990-PF), 2017, Part VIII Line 1