Indivisible Huron Valley is an informal left-of-center organization based in the Huron Valley region of Michigan. It is an affiliate of the left-of-center organizing and activism network Indivisible.
It was founded in February 2017 to oppose then-President Donald Trump and his agenda. It works to elect left-of-center candidates and promote left-of-center policies. 1
The organization supports restrictions on gun ownership, more liberal immigration laws including legal status for presently illegal immigrants, restrictions on immigration enforcement, an expanded government role in the economy, and opposition to school choice. 2 The opposes voter integrity laws, supports abolishing cash bail, and supports teaching far-left critical race theory in public schools. 3
In February 2018, Indivisible Huron Valley held a rally supporting increased restrictions on gun ownership rights. 4
In October 2019, the organization co-hosted a Democratic presidential nomination forum in Detroit. 5
In April 2020, the organization co-signed an op-ed in support COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions. The op-ed also criticized opponents of lockdowns as inflaming the people of Michigan and putting lives at risk. 6
In May 2020, the organization drove through Milford, Michigan to show support for COVID lockdown-type restrictions and mandates. 7
In January 2021, the organization called for the expulsion of State Rep. Matt Maddock (R-Milford) from the Michigan House of Representatives. Maddock had attended and helped organize the January 6, 2021 “Stop the Steal” rally that immediately preceded the riot at the U.S. Capitol. However, there is as of early 2022 no evidence that Maddock committed any crimes. 8
In January 2022, the organization signed a letter by Fix Our Senate which called on the Democratic majority in the U.S. Senate to eliminate of the filibuster rule, which is the rule requiring a supermajority vote to end debate to pass legislation, and to enact a federal takeover of elections containing a weakening of voter security laws. 9
In January 2022, the organization signed a letter by Stand Up America that called on Senate Democrats to eliminate the Senate filibuster and enact legislation supporting a federal takeover of elections and a weakening of voter security laws. The letter also called for the District of Columbia to be made a state. 10
- “Get To Know Us”. 2022. Indivisible Huron Valley. Accessed January 10. https://www.indivisiblehv.com/get-to-know-us.
-  “Get To Know Us”. 2022. Indivisible Huron Valley. Accessed January 10. https://www.indivisiblehv.com/get-to-know-us.
- “Values”. 2022. Indivisible Huron Valley. Accessed January 10. https://www.indivisiblehv.com/values.
- Taylor, Maria. 2018. “Enough: Milford Rally Supports Gun Violence Victims”. Hometown Life. https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/local/milford/2018/02/19/enough-milford-rally-supports-gun-violence-victims/350549002/.
- “Grassroots Organizations To Host Major Presidential Forum In Detroit”. 2019. Michigan United. https://www.miunited.org/post/grassroots-organizations-to-host-major-presidential-forum-in-detroit.
- “Opinion | Gov. Whitmer Needs Our Help In This Crisis. That’s Common Sense.”. 2020. Bridge Michigan. https://www.bridgemi.com/guest-commentary/opinion-gov-whitmer-needs-our-help-crisis-thats-common-sense.
- Bromley, Susan. 2020. “COVID Caravan Carries Counter-Protest, Solemn Message Through Milford”. Hometown Life. https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/local/milford/2020/05/22/covid-caravan-concern-carries-messages-through-milford/5235854002/.
- “Letters To The Editor: Support Democracy; Saddened By Siege; Mad At Maddock”. 2021. The Oakland Press. https://www.theoaklandpress.com/2021/01/09/letters-to-the-editor-support-democracy-saddened-by-siege-mad-at-maddock/.
- “60 Organizations To Senate Democrats: Filibuster Didn’T Block Debt Limit Extension, Cannot Block Voting Rights Legislation”. 2022. Fix Our Senate. https://www.fixoursenate.org/press/60-organizations-to-senate-democrats-filibuster-didnt-block-debt-limit-extension-cannot-block-voting-rights-legislation.
- “Over 150 Pro-Democracy Groups To Schumer: “Do Not Wait Any Longer” To Change Senate Rules, Pass Voting Rights And Democracy Legislation”. 2022. Common Dreams. https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2022/01/06/over-150-pro-democracy-groups-schumer-do-not-wait-any-longer-change-senate-rules.