Indivisible East Bay is an informal left-of-center organization based in the East Bay section of San Francisco, California. It is an affiliate of the left-of-center organizing and activism network Indivisible.
The organization was founded in 2017. The organization advocates for and promotes left-of-center policies and lobbies members of Congress. 1 It also endorses candidates and engages in voter outreach by phone calls, texts, and other get out the vote methods. 2
The organization has opposed the Senate filibuster (the 60-vote supermajority requirement to end debate and proceed to passage of legislation), supports the federal takeover of elections and weakening of voter integrity protections by enacting the “For The People Act,” and opposed the recall of California Governor Gavin Newsom. 3
In July 2021, the organization held a rally with Indivisible San Francisco called “Deadline for Democracy.” The event called for an end to the Senate filibuster, passage of the For The People Act, “packing” the U.S. Supreme Court by adding additional justices, statehood for the District of Columbia, and investigation and punishment for the January 6, 2021 riot attack on the U.S. Capitol. 4
In September 2021, the organization signed a letter by Fix Our Senate which called on the Democratic majority in the U.S. Senate to get rid of the filibuster and enact a federal takeover of elections. 5
In January 2022, the organization signed another letter by Fix Our Senate which called on Democrats to get rid of the filibuster and enact a federal takeover of elections. 6
In January 2022, the organization marched in favor of investigating and prosecuting former President Donald Trump for the January 6, 2021 riot attack on the U.S. Capitol. 7
- “Who We Are”. 2022. Indivisible East Bay. Accessed January 10. https://indivisibleeb.org/about/.
- “Election News And Updates”. 2022. Indivisible East Bay. Accessed January 10. https://indivisibleeb.org/upcoming-events/2020-election-events/.
- “Take Action!”. 2022. Indivisible East Bay. Accessed January 10. https://indivisibleeb.org/take-action/.
- “We Held A Deadline For Democracy Rally With Indivisible East Bay!”. 2021. Indivisible SF. https://indivisiblesf.org/blog/2021/7/20/we-held-a-deadline-for-democracy-rally-with-indivisible-east-bay.
- “‘Not A Moment To Waste’ – 118 Organizations Call On Senate Democrats To Finally Address Filibuster, Pass Strong Voting Rights And Democracy Legislation”. 2021. Fix Our Senate. https://www.fixoursenate.org/press/not-a-moment-to-waste-118-organizations-call-on-senate-democrats-to-finally-address-filibuster-pass-strong-voting-rights-and-democracy-legislation.
- “60 Organizations To Senate Democrats: Filibuster Didn’T Block Debt Limit Extension, Cannot Block Voting Rights Legislation”. 2022. Fix Our Senate. https://www.fixoursenate.org/press/60-organizations-to-senate-democrats-filibuster-didnt-block-debt-limit-extension-cannot-block-voting-rights-legislation.
-  Picon, Andres. 2022. “At S.F. Vigil, Marchers Demand Prosecution Of Trump, Capitol Insurrectionists”. San Francisco Chronicle. https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/At-S-F-vigil-marchers-demand-prosecution-of-16755943.php.