The League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania Citizen Education Fund was founded in 2014. Partnering with local League of Women Voters affiliate groups, it publishes a “facts for citizens” guide with government contact information, hold candidates’ forums, presentations, educational events, community discussions and mount forums. It also hosted two televised Democratic senatorial debates and a forum for state attorney general candidates. 2
The League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania Citizen Education Fund publishes an online voter guide called VOTE411.org, which provides general and state-specific information on the election process including election dates, voting machines, registration deadlines, voter qualifications, polling place locations, and ballot measure information. 3
The LWVPACEF ran a project called the Water Resources Education Network Project (WREN), which awarded watershed education and protection grants to community organizations across Pennsylvania. 4 5 The project funded efforts to enhance the water quality in parts of Pennsylvania, such the Spring Creek Buffer Enhancement Project 6 and the collaboration between the Pocono Source Water Protection Collaborative and the Pike County Conservation District. 7
In 2011, the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania’s Citizen Education Fund started an educational project called “The Straight Scoop on Shale Drilling.” The purpose of this project is to discuss and report on information regarding the extraction of natural gas from the Marcellus Shale formation, which is centered in Pennsylvania. 8
- “League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania Citizen Education Fund.” Cause IQ. Accessed March 14, 2022. https://www.causeiq.com/organizations/league-of-women-voters-of-pennsylvania-citizen-edu,464971552/.
- “League Of Women Voters Of Pennsylvania Citizen Education Fund.” GreatNonprofits. Accessed March 13, 2022. https://greatnonprofits.org/org/league-of-women-voters-of-pennsylvania-citizen-education-fun.
- “About Us.” VOTE411. Accessed March 13, 2022. https://www.vote411.org/about
- “Water Resources Education Network in Pennsylvania.” Wayback Machine. Accessed March 14, 2022. https://web.archive.org/web/20120903033835/palwv.org:80/wren/
- “Funding Sources.” Whitemarsh Township, PA – Official Website. Accessed March 14, 2022. https://www.whitemarshtwp.org/DocumentCenter/View/177/Appendix-H—Funding-Sources-PDF
- “Spring Creek Buffer.” Dauphin County Conservation District Home. Accessed March 14, 2022. https://www.dauphincd.org/projects/buffer%20site/SCbuffer.html.
-  “Pike Conservation District Helps Launch Source Water Protection Collaborative.” PACD.org. Accessed March 14, 2022. https://pacd.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/PikeTestimonial.pdf.
- “Shale Project & Reimagine Program.” League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania. Accessed March 12, 2022. https://www.palwv.org/shale-project-climate-change.