These informational hubs provide a comprehensive look into specific public policy issues and the various influences that work to shape the way each issue is perceived by the public.
- Teachers unions, like other government-employee unions, are a key player in the left-of-center infrastructure. The national teachers unions — National Education Association (NEA) and American Federation of Teachers (AFT) — are among the largest organizational political players
- The American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) is the largest federation of labor unions in the United States. Formed in 1955 in a merger between the American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations, the AFL-CIO boasts membership of over 9 million voting members and
- The administration of President Joe Biden, a Democrat, began on January 20, 2021. It succeeded the Trump administration after Biden defeated Republican President Donald Trump in the 2020 Presidential Election. President and Vice President Joe Biden is the President of the United States. Kamala Harris is
- The Service Employees International Union (SEIU) is one of America’s largest, most controversial, and most politically involved labor unions. The SEIU, which represents building services employees, nurses, other healthcare workers, and public employees, is noted for its close ties to the broader left-of-center movement, perhaps most notably the controversial
- ESG activism refers to individuals and organizations that advocate for Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) criteria as part of evaluating business operations. ESG considerations can be employed as a basis for investment or divestment in a corporation or fund, and in activism targeting those corporations or funds. This political activism
- The Green New Deal (GND) refers to a U.S. House of Representatives resolution and various legislative proposals supported by radical environmentalist groups. While details of the “Deal” are unclear and frequently change, an attempt to estimate the cost of the plan that critics call a “radical, top-down, socialist makeover of